Friday 26 December 2014

Naturally Active.

Not long ago I wrote a review about Liz Earle’s very handy skincare Try-Me-Kit. I was that impressed with the results that I actually asked for the full sized range for Christmas. As I’ve been using it for a few months now, I thought I would give you an up to date in-depth review about the products. I’m going to focus mainly on her moisturiser and mask, however I will include a little review about her Cleanse & Polish cleanser and her toner. The main reason I didn’t want to write loads about her cleanser and toner is purely because there are that many reviews available that we all just start to say the same thing. Furthermore, I would rather let you all know about the two products that don’t get as much hype as they deserve!
So lets begin…

First up, Cleanse & Polish. For those who have been living under a rock, Cleanse& Polish is a two-step cleanser that works to deep-cleanse and gently exfoliate at the same time. It’s a pretty simple idea, but the results are brilliant! I have rarely heard any complaints about it, and if you type ‘Cleanse and Polish’ into Google search you’ll literally see tens of thousands of positive reviews. The cleanser itself is a thick cream, dispensed from a pump-action bottle. You massage the cream over your skin, and you can really work it into your lashes and the eye area to help dissolve stubborn eye makeup. You then use the muslin cloth to remove the cleanser, soaking it first in warm water and holding it over your face to allow the warmth to loosen makeup and dirt. I personally prefer to use small, circular actions to remove my makeup. It’s just very thorough, yet very gentle. If previously you had neglected your cleansing routine, then you’ll probably notice dramatic differences once you start to Cleanse & Polish – good cleansing is, in my opinion, the basis of any successful skincare routine. The fact that you gently exfoliate with the cloth only makes this step more important – dead skin is sloughed away leaving the skin more receptive to any creams that you decide to use afterwards.
The Instant Boost Skin Tonic is a hydrating toner that you apply on a cotton pad after cleansing. It's full of chamomile, cucumber, and Aloe Vera to calm irritation and brighten the skin. Glycerin adds hydration to your skin and helps lock in that moisture all day (or night), and hops extract tones the skin and swipes away bacteria without stripping your skin. It feels very light and soothing, and has a nice cooling effect that I really like. My skin does not feel tight afterwards, which is key as many toners really stress out my skin, and it has a pleasant, herbal scent, which I really love!

Now onto the product I really like! Moisturisers as you may know if you read my blog often, are a real pain for me. There either not moisturising enough causing my skin to gets too dry and irritated or they’re too greasy and my skin just freaks out. Therefore its great to find one that my skin really loves. I had tried a small amount of my sisters Light Skin Repair Moisturiser, but I didn’t like the consistency (it felt too light on the skin, almost greasy but would be good for you if your skin gets very oily in hot weather), so I decided to go with the Skin Repair Moisturiser for normal to combination skin, which is slightly heavier in texture, but I preferred how it absorbed into my skin. I really love this. It softens, smooths and conditions skin and gives you naturally healthy-looking glow (my skin definitely looked brighter). My skin felt super smooth after use and it repaired the moisture my skin needed without making it oily. Unlike most moisturiser this is a lovely balmy texture as opposed to a creamy texture, which spreads easily, and means it doesn’t sit too heavy on the more combination areas on the face e.g. t-zone. I’m not going to lie, the hydrating and moisturising properties of this are huge I had a few dry spots on my cheeks and temples which were making me go crazy and this moisturiser took care of it easily! The biggest plus even though it has a thick consistency then what I’m used to it did not make me break out at all, in truth I think I’m getting less spots then I did before, and when I do get them, they seem to heal so much faster.

Last but not at all least is the amazing Intensive Nourishing Treatment Mask. This mask is designed for dry, stressed skin that is in need of some TLC. My skin is stressed most of they year, but especially during winter it really gets hit with dry or dehydrated patches. I always feel you should do treatment masks at least once every couple of weeks, if not weekly as part of your skin care regime, especially in the colder months! Intensive Nourishing Treatment Mask is applied after cleansing and perfect to use after Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser. You can of course use it after any cleansing treatment but I always feel if you use products in conjunction with the same brand you often will get better results. The mask is really easy to use too. After cleansing your face, apply the mask fairly thickly to the face and neck. Lay back in the bath or relax however you chose too for 10-15 minutes and then wipe off any excess with a muslin cloth soaked in hot water. If you have the Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic this is the perfect thing to use after the treatment mask. The treatment mask can be used as often as you feel is needed. I think I could easily use this twice a week through the winter months to perk my skin up and then maybe only weekly through the rest of the year. My skin after the treatment was glowing! It felt hydrated and not dry and tight. I was really impressed as with the cold my skin was feeling a bit sorry for its self and I was looking very pallid but afterwards my skin looked refreshed. I think the tube will probably last about 5-10 treatments. It really depends how thickly you personally apply the product when you use it and obviously if you do face and neck or just certain areas. I used a fair amount when I did my first treatment as I found my skin really absorbed the cream. Overall the Intensive Nourishing Treatment Mask is a lovely treat for my skin. I loved the condition of my skin afterwards and am pleased to say with my overly sensitive skin it did not experience any reaction what so ever to the product.

As you can tell, I have definitely fell head over heels for Liz Earle. There is no denying it her products are incredible. If your looking for a new skin care routine or just a new mask, I would definitely recommend dropping by one of her counters or looking online!

Cleanse & Polish - £13.25 (100ml) or £24.75 (200ml)
Instant Boost Skin Tonic - £13.25 (200ml)
Skin Repair Moisturiser - £19.25 (50ml jar)
Intensive Nourishing Treatment - £14 (50ml tube)

No comments:

Post a Comment