Sunday 21 December 2014

Sheer Skin Tint.

Liz Earle –
Sheer Skin Tint SPF15

‘Discover enviably radiant skin with our award-winning complexion perfector. With its rich and creamy, yet lightweight formula, Sheer Skin Tint delivers an even, dewy and beautifully natural-looking finish, while offering mineral UV SPF15 protection in one clever product. Enriched with our own blend of natural source vitamin E, borage and avocado, specially selected to work in harmony with our skincare range – this really is the ultimate make up must-have.’

Recently I have really loved Liz Earle, her skincare is just incredible and it’s really changed my skin for the better! Therefore as I had ran out of my current tinted moisturiser, I thought I would give it a try. First up, the hard facts! A 40ml tube of this will set you back around £21, which is a pretty fair price for a higher end base product, and you do get 10 more mls than you do in a usual ‘foundation’. The packaging itself is sleek, and very practical. A squeeze navy tube means that you have total control about how much product you wish to use, and this one is well made meaning that it won’t squirt out everywhere, and you can really get every last bit of product in it.
The coverage is certainly more than can be expected from a tinted moisturiser but less of that than a full coverage foundation, I would say its somewhere between sheer to medium, on my skin its certainly more on the sheerer side. My skin is normal to combination, slightly oily around the centre of my face and I found that this gave me a nice dewy glow; it didn’t make me look greasy at all. When I first applied it to my face, it did look slightly ‘wet, but after a few minutes it dries down to give me a nice glow, that gives an even coverage to my skin. The lasting power is around 6-8 hours before it needs touching up, but it wears off the skin naturally. It contains SPF 15 as well, which is great for an everyday base product. Also if you were a fan of other Liz Earle products, you would have been accustomed to the refreshing ‘herbal’ scent.
As someone who usually wears more matte products, its taking a little while to get used to the glow that this gives me, however I think it makes me look much healthier, and I have had so many compliments on how much better my skins looking. I think in summer I would wear this more on its own, however at the moment I like to use it under my YSL Fusion Foundation as it provides me with a little more coverage, but still allows the glow to really come through!
Application wise, I just apply it with my fingers. However, I might attempt to apply it with a buffing brush, to see if that gives it a better coverage.
The only down side of this product is it’s colour selection. With only 4 colours available: Bare, Beige, Beach and Deep Bisque their range is hardly extensive. However, its nice to see that they have added the Deep Bisque shade for darker skin tones, as originally it they only had 3 shades, therefore it does show Liz Earle is very good at improving on her products from feedback she receives.

Overall – I love it! It definitely isn’t how I thought it would be, it lasts much longer on the skin and gives way more coverage than I expected, but it looks natural and as it’s Liz Earle in some round-about way I feel that it is doing some good to my skin. I can see this being a good match for most skin types, although perhaps one to be wary of for the really oily among us.

No comments:

Post a Comment