Friday 19 April 2013

Grow Stronger.


Essie Nails Base Coat –
Grow Stronger



Before Christmas I thought it was time to ditch the false nails, and attempt to get my natural nail back to good health. This I thought would be easy, however after wearing false nails non-stop for just over 4 years, my nails were in a pretty hideous state. Never the less they’ve started getting stronger and growing and at the moment look pretty decent. One thing I wanted was a base coat that would help my nail’s grow stronger. Due to 4 years of trauma, they often break, split or peel, therefore a good strengthener base coat was a must need. Therefore I thought I would turn to Essie to help me. It’s definitely one brand I thrust when it comes to my nails, this is proven by most of my nails varnishes been by Essie.

The description on the bottle reads, ‘Essie Grow Stronger is a nail treatment that "fortifies nails to optimise growth".  Key ingredients of this product include: "Gingko Biloba and Vitamin E hydrate to nourish, Mineral Strengtheners, Nail hardeners to strengthen weak nails".  It claims that it is "scientifically proven to reinforce and help promote health growth": "30% stronger nails in 5 days, up to 29% longer nails in 5 days, nails grow harder, more resilient".’

In short, I love this nail base-coat/treatment. It’s incredible. After one week of using this my nails looked so much healthier, they no longer were paper and they weren’t breaking, peeling or splitting. I was so impressed. Now after 3 weeks of use my nails are just incredibly strong, growing so much since first starting to use it.
The other thing I love about this is that you can wear it as a base coat, helping your nails become stronger, but also keeping my nail varnish lasting much longer then normal. Alternatively, its really pretty on its on. It slightly reminds me of Essie’s Sugar Daddy, however without the hint of white. I know some people think that Grow Stronger is too pink, but I think they’re just being heavy-handed with it. One thin coat will give you a clear, typical base coat. Good for strengthening and creating an even base for your colour. If you apply a thick coat, you get a very pretty sheer pink that dries within a few minutes. The thin coat dries even more quickly, obviously. A word of caution, however: don’t let this stuff get too warm. Like most nail polishes, it turns gummy if left in a hot place for too long

Overall, this is amazing, definitely worth the £8.99 price tag. Personally, I think it rivals other much more expensive nail strengtheners. When mine runs out, I will definitely be purchasing another bottle straight away.

No comments:

Post a Comment