Wednesday 17 April 2013

Dangerously Exotic.


Illamasqua –Freak Eau De Parfum


As Illamasqua is known for their bold take on makeup, I expected no less from their fragrance. Honestly, if anything at all, Freak Eau de Parfum sounded positively enchanting and dare I say...scary, thanks to notes like Frankincense and Myrrh. Freak is the first fragrance from Illamasqua and is a unisex fragrance, with exotic completely unconventional flower notes. It’ll smell differently on everyone, but the master notes will remain the same. It’s definitely not for everyone, but I find it incredible and enchanting, as does my boyfriend.

TOP NOTES: 
Black Davana, Opium Flower and Belladonna bewitch the senses into uncontrollable lust and passion.
HEART NOTES: 
Poison Hemlock, Datura and Queen of the Night blossom, caress and kiss.
BASE NOTES: Aromas of Frankincense, Oud and Myrrh, addictively mesmerises and captures the senses.

I’m not going to pretend that I know how to describe fragrances, because I know if I try, its just going to go all wrong. However, what I do know is this fragrance is incredible. The scent is clean, something I think is due to it being a unisex fragrance, and is truly intoxicating. The website states ‘Freak is a concoction of dangerously exotic unconventional flowers that Illamasqua has unashamedly blended together to celebrate the night’ and in my opinion that sums it up perfectly. 
For me, I wouldn’t wear it during the day, it’s definitely a nighttime/going out fragrance and something I’ve has so many compliments on. Personally, the fragrance last for such a long time, and I much prefer the scent when it’s warmed a little. I would definitely advise if your wanting to try this, spray it in store on your wrist, leave it for a little bit…then smell it. Trust me, you will be mesmerised by it. I bought the 30ml version, however the 70ml bottle is just stunning. Never the less, I think the 30ml is also very pretty, and much more handy for traveling, which I do often.

Overall, with a name like Freak I was expecting something dark, but what I got was a mysteriously, exotic fragrance that’s very unique and innovative. Obviously a lot of time and love went into the make up of this fragrance and it shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment