Wednesday 17 April 2013

Collide.


Illamasqua -
Nail Varnish in Collide


Ever since getting my acrylic nails taken off, and going back natural I’ve been really interested in trying different nail varnishes, both brands and colours. It is no secrete, that I have recently become obsessed by the make up brand Illamasqua. Their products are incredibly and impeccably made, there is definitely something for everyone within their collection. The one thing so many bloggers rave about is there amazing nail varnishes, and how their formula is as good as you can get, therefore I thought I would go and look at what colours they had. The website describes their nail varnishes as, ‘a spectrum of bold shades with a range of finishes including matt, rubber and high-gloss. Award winning, extremely hardwearing and chip-resistant, there's an Illamasqua Nail Varnish for every shade of humanity.’

Due to it coming up to spring/summer, (something you wouldn’t know with the current weather), I thought I would look for very bright colours. When I came across Collide I knew it was a definite must have. The website describes the colour as ‘a bright neon pink, satin finish nail varnish’ and trust me…it is definitely neon. It’s a stunning, striking neon pink cream, something definitely not for the fain hearted. It’s opaque in just about two coats, (which is pictured), but you could easily get away with three coats or two thick coats. This varnish applies like a dream. It’s so smooth and the colour applies evenly and richly; there is no streaking at all, just an even layer of colour. The brush could be a little wider and flatter, but that’s just me being picky. It dries super quick; therefore there is no need to allocate a whole evening to painting your nails. The wear is incredible; there is only minor top wear after a week of wearing it. I’m really impressed with the quality of Illamasqua nail polishes. I’m impressed with everything Illamasqua does, but nail polishes are one area where you can be a bit crazy and go wild with your colours. Their range suits this perfectly.

Overall, Collide is classy, not brassy neon that you can pull of in both day and night. It has a creamy, glossy, salon finish and is everything you want in a nail polish. It does retail for £13.50, which I know is rather expensive for a nail varnish, but its definitely worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment