Saturday 11 August 2012

Undecided.

Shu Uemura -

UV Under Base Mousse

Not long ago I wrote a review about this product, as so many people were buying it and totally raving about it. Therefore I did a really in depth explanation of this under base which can be found here. After writing the post I was so excited to go and buy this under base mousse, as it just sounded amazing. However I have to say, I just cant decided if I like this product or not.
At first it really took me by surprise, it comes out as it states...a mousse, however it disappears as soon as you go to put it on your face, therefore you need to be super fast and just put it all over your face as fast as you can. Once on it feels light as air, you cant actually feel its on. It really does help hide my really large pores which is just amazing, however it could be a bit more concealing of blemishes to help create the ultimate flawless base. Maybe looking back I should have purchased the BB version instead of just the Beige, but oh well.
Anyway, I tried this under my foundation, however it didn't really help my foundation last amazingly longer, however maybe an extra hour or two. However I have found that when I put it under my Garnier BB Cream, it works much better then under foundation. The added SPF 30 is a real bonus as it means my skin is protected throughout the day, which is a fantastic bonus. It does make my BB cream go on somewhat flawlessly and last much longer then if I was to wear it alone.
Overall would I buy this product again...no. I don't think it lived up to all the hype, I am really rather disappointed as I did want it to work wonders, however as disappointing as it is I still use for it as a daytime primer...mainly because of the high SPF. Personally I do think £29 is really expensive for this product looking back, and I really wouldn't advise it to anyone as the "perfect primer" as I think there are much better primers out there (especially the new release from Urban Decay which review should be up soon). Basically I really cant make my mind up about this primer, I think its going to become one of those love hate products depending what mood I'm in on that day, however it definitely will not be repurchasing it.

Have you tried the Shu Uemura UV Under Base Mousse, what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment