Sunday 19 August 2012

Cotton Candy Pink.

Urban Decay -

SWF Eyeshadow


I've been looking for this eyeshadow for a very long time, and as I couldn't find it anywhere in store I took to the internet to find it, and BeautyBay.com came to my rescue. It's the shade SWF which as the title highlights is truly a cotton candy pink shade, perfect for a basic, natural look however with a girly twist. 
It came in a very cute box, however I threw the box away, then remembered I wanted to show it you all, however it was too late by then. However basically, there the new boxes, obviously designed for the newly formulated eye shadows, and in my opinion there very pretty. It's a sturdy cardboard box with a window cutout to show the shade. The colour is a dark purple gradient and the Urban Decay logo is printed in silver chrome lettering. The label on the top is coloured to match the shadow inside, meaning finding the shade you want couldn't be any easier, but it also acts as a safety seal. The new shadow compacts are also really special. They've kept their signature subway token motif, but translated it into a sleek, shiny dark chrome material instead of the matte silver plastic they were made of previously. The Urban Decay logo and motto are a lighter colour than the packaging and are floating above the inner design, giving the text a really fascinating 3D effect. The new packaging is seriously gorgeous, whoever designed it did an amazing job making it look cool and modern while still preserving Urban Decay's historic subway token compact design. The back label is coloured to match the shadow, just like the sticker on the top of the box, small detail, but much appreciated. And here's the new feature; the shadow pans pop out easily (no prying with a butter knife required) so that you can place them into a 6-pan Build Your Own Eyeshadow Palette.

SWF is the ultimate cotton candy, baby pink. In my opinion its just perfect for highlighting and is a good girly change from virgin (from the Naked Palette), as it adds just the right touch of pink. Its both a shimmer; luminous sheen however without glitter, and the added texture to the eyeshadow means its got added sparkle, creating the most stunning results. I also use this as a highlighter on my cheeks or just above my cupids bow on my lips as it's just a great all rounder, and therefore is just perfect for anyone.

The formula on the shades that I tried was divine. They were all velvety soft and smooth, not chunky or grainy, beautifully pigmented and easy to blend, just all around lovely. Urban Decay's eyeshadow formula was nice before, but it actually is even nicer now. I haven't tried any of the newly reformulated matte shades, but these shimmer/frost/glitter shades are excellent. And don't get me started on the new packaging design... It is gorgeous. I can't say enough good things about it, it's so pretty and shiny and a definite aesthetic improvement over the old design. And this is coming from someone who hates it when brands change their designs, be it logo, website or packaging. So, yes, I'm definitely okay with the changes in formula and packaging for once. The only thing that makes me sad about this change is that some of the shades didn't make the cut (Urb, Honey, El Dorado, Lounge, Uzi...), I would have loved to try them with the newly updated formula, never the less the ones they have chose to keep are utterly stunning.

SWF cost £14, however they're also releasing it as part of a palette known as the feminine palette, which in some countries; such as the US may have already been released, (a photo of this can be seen to the right). Personally I'm not a lover of palettes, I prefer just to take my Naked palette everywhere when travelling, and take a few individual ones also, however for those who want to save money; the palette is stunning and is definitely worth taking a look at, the colours are just beautiful and really compliment each other. I'm definitely going to be buying more Urban Decay eye shadows, the formulation is just incredible. I definitely think in regards to eye shadows and eyeliners, Urban Decay's are as good as you can get, their just fantastic.

What are your favourite Urban Decay eye shadows?

No comments:

Post a Comment