Thursday 23 August 2012

Perfect Primer.


Urban Decay -

Pore Perfecting Complexion Primer Potion

 
Urban Decay is quickly becoming one of my favourite brands. Their eye shadows are just breathtakingly gorgeous and so is there Naked Skin Foundation so I wanted to try something new. Their Eyeshadow Primer Potion is extremely popular and I love it, therefore I thought that I may as well try their face primer too after reading so many great reviews. With my combination skin, my make-up wears off too quick for my liking and the only way for your make-up to stay longer is by using a primer. Make-up artists use primers not only to ensure longer lasting make-up but, it also creates the perfect canvas depending on the type of skin. This primer, helps with oily skin as it creates a matte finish.
 
It claims to "Smooth on a little Pore Perfecting Complexion Primer Potion before foundation (or alone!) to totally minimise the look of pores and fine lines. The velvety, paraben-free formula flashes down to a soft-matte finish, without the greasy, heavy feel sometimes associated with foundation primers. The result? Flawless skin with an airbrushed look and feel. Foundation applies smoothly, evenly, and won't fade away".
The packaging is classic to the Primer Potion family, the magical somewhat fairytale tube features a twist-cap end; the only thing I dislike about the design i that I can't stand it up, however never the less its really cute and the thin nozzle end gives complete control of how much you want to come out.
Be sure not to squeeze too much product, you will find a little does indeed go a long way, a pea size will definitely do a full face application easily; for me this justifies the hefty price tag.
The formula is velvety soft and blends from a smooth slightly purple tinted paste to an even finish with no 'purple' in sight; I smooth mine with my finger, it always blends beautifully. It isn't greasy or oily, I don't feel so guilty if I forget moisturiser either because it's very soothing to the skin.
The finish is divine, my skin feels beyond smooth, it's velvety soft and completely even - imperfections are blurred well. My complexion is more even with an 'airbrushed' look, it feels very professional. Foundation applies so smoothly over the base and lasts twice as long as it usually would without any primer, blushes also apply easier too and blend to a far more even and ridiculously flawless finish. With Primer Potion applied I feel confident in not reapplying my makeup all day, my makeup even stays in place even when I go to the gym; I'd say I get around 10 hours of wear from my makeup with this primer, possibly even more, however I may have to do a slight bit of blotting...however never the less afterwards my make up is as good as new.
 
Overall,  I can confirm the Urban Decay Pore Perfecting Complexion Primer Potion does everything it claims, keeping my makeup looking perfect from morning to night, dusk to dawn giving me a smooth and even complexion. It does cost £19, however it is definitely worth it and will last you such a long time, will definitely repurchase this when mine runs out.


No comments:

Post a Comment