Sunday 14 July 2013

Timeless Beauty and Modern Elegance.

Jouer - 

The Blushing Beauty Collection


When the Jouer Blushing Beauty Collection landed on my doorstep I had to take 10 minutes just to stare at it. If there were a prize for the most amazing piece of eye candy in my stash then hands down this would come up top. An interlocking palette that takes me back to my Lego playing days, housing the best of Jouer’s offerings: their Sheer Matte Powder and Bronzer Duo, Lip Gloss in Cherish, Powder Eyeshadow Duo in Chocolat and PeachTint in Whisper and Highlighter in Feather. It’s already sold out twice on Cult Beauty and has taken over every beauty bloggers wish list for the last couple of months.


As with any mixed palette it’s a nice way to be served your first taste of the brand. Personally, I really love every part of the palette. 

First off, the highlighter and tint are amazing. They give the most stunning glow effect, which is really good for summer. Next up, the eye shadows are fabulous. They really make my blue eyes pop, and can be used each shade alone, or used together a really nice smoky eye. Now onto the Sheer Matte powder and Bronzer Duo. This was most definitely part of the palette I was really excited to try, as so many people have said how good their bronzers and matte powders are. Both are really good, the bronzer takes a bit of working, however does the most amazing job. Its something I save for days when I have more time to get ready. The powder is also good, I just dust it over my t-zone to help matte the areas that are most likely to get oily.
Lastly the lip-gloss. In all honesty it does the job, it adds just the right amount of colour and gloss. The colour itself isn’t something I would usually go for, however I will use it, especially if I was to only take the palette out for throughout the day touch ups.

It’s also got to be noted that the dinky size is perfect for travel and the selection of products means all that needs to be added to into the mix to paint on a daily face is foundation, concealer and mascara.

Overall, it’s a really nice little palette. Never the less it is very small, and I think a lot of people will be quite miffed to see that for £45, it is very small. However, as I travel a lot its really good that it is small. Another downside is that most of the compartments are really small; therefore for the highlighter and tint, you have to really use your figures.

No comments:

Post a Comment