Friday 2 November 2012

A Little Bit of Korres.

For a while now I've been looking in to the Korres products. The reviews of their products swayed quite a lot depending what products I looked into buying. Therefore I thought I would go basic with what I wished to try, I really love my Kiehl's routine and my skin seems to be liking it too so I didn't want to change it too much. Therefore I chose to buy:

Pomegranate Cleansing & Make Up Removing Wipes
These are really "refreshing wipes that cleanse the skin and remove make-up efficiently from both the face and eyes. The pomegranate extracts are rich in antioxidants, helping to tighten the pores whilst toning and refreshing the skin." I'm really unsure about these wipes. On one hand they're really refreshing and leave my skin feeling clean and their really good for getting rid of make up. However they don't seem to be doing anything for neither my pores nor the oiliness of my skin which was the primary reason I purchased them. I've also found that they tend to dry my skin out a lot as well, which during winter is a really big issue.
Overall I dont really think these are right for me...they seem a bit too harsh, however they do also sell a "Milk Protein" alternative. The website states they "moisturise the skin whilst cleansing and removing make-up efficiently...milk proteins, rich in essential amino-acids, offer nourishing and moisturising properties, while Aloe and provitamin B5 soothe the skin from redness and irritations". From the description the "Milk Protein" alternative sound better for winter, therefore I may try these when mine run out, to see if there any better. The pomegranate wipes retail for £7 and the milk protein wipes are £6, both versions have 25 wipes, I purchased mine from FeelUnique.com.

Mandarin Lip Butter Stick SPF 15 in Pink
I'm a sucker for a lip balms, especially during Autumn/Winter as my lips are constantly dry and chapped, therefore I like looking around for something which really works for me. The original lip butters which come in a little tub are really popular, however due to me having quite long nails, a stick is always a better option for me. Therefore I thought I would get the new stick version in pink (as you all know I love pink). The website states it provides instant hydration and softens the lips. Shea butter an Sunflower wax deeply nourish and offer long-lasting care, while Mandarin oil conditions dry lips". Firstly, the packaging is amazing! Its so cute and girly and makes it look more exciting then just a lip butter stick which is a serious thumbs up for me. The product itself is really smooth, moisturising and the colour pay off is really quite good for a lip butter. I did have really dry lips last week, mainly because I has a really bad cold, and they seem to have healed really fast in comparison to normal, and this lip butter is all I've been using, therefore it gets 10/10 for me.
Overall I really like this lip butter. It's super creamy and does everything it says it will. It definitely keeps my lips moisturised for a long time, therefore I don't feel I constantly have to re-apply it. It retails for £6.50 (once again I bought it from FeelUnique.com), which is quite a lot in comparison to some other brands, however personally I really think its worth it, purely just for the fact my lips are left moisturised for hours after applying it. Would I repurchase...if I don't find a better alternative, then definitely, however I do think it will be hard to beat.

Have you tried any Korres products, if so what do you think of there products?

No comments:

Post a Comment