Sunday 11 November 2012

Smooth, Sleek and Shiny.

TIGI -

S-Factor

Not long ago I saw a blogger mention her love for the TIGI's S-Factor products, and how amazing they are at giving you the smooths, sleekest, shiniest and overall healthiest of hair. First I thought I would tell you about my hair, because I think that's key to knowing if these products are going to work wonders for you. My hair is ridiculously thin, flat and totally lifeless. Due to using straighteners or curlers every day and it being highlighted, it means its also really rather dry on the ends, obviously making it look even more dull and lifeless...if that's even possible. I therefore prefer the more sleek and shiny look, basically because the messy and volumed look takes too much effort in a morning and it rarely ever works.
So on to the products...

Serious Conditioner
This was my first S-Factor purchase, and was the key thing which my fellow blogger raved about, she totally loved it. Therefore I ordered it pretty much straight away as I couldn't wait to try it. The website states "Serious Conditioner provides you with a weekly intensive hair remedy that takes hydration to the next level. Sunflower Seed Oil provides intense moisture, while Hydrolysed Silk minimises the appearance of split ends. The ideal intense conditioner for all hair types." 
I used this the night it arrived, I was too excited to wait and my hair needed some TLC anyway, therefore I thought it was the perfect time to try it. I washed my hair like normal with my TIGI Dumb Blonde Shampoo, then I only used a small amount of this, focusing mainly on the ends, and running the remaining product through the rest of my hair (attempting to avoid the roots). I left it on for 5 minutes, making sure my hair soaked it up good and proper, then washed it off with warm water. Straight away my hair felt super soft. I dried my hair like normal, straightened it and omg my hair looked incredible! It was super soft, super shiny and most of all looked just walked out of the salon healthy and perfect, I really couldn't believe it, impressed was not the word. I spent the whole day getting comments on how amazing and healthy my hair looked, and my best friend would have spent the whole time stroking it if she had her way, it was just touchabley soft.
Overall I really cant believe how amazing this product is. The result is fantastic from using such a small amount of product. It gives extreme moisture and protein, helps protect from colour fading, minimises split ends and contains sunflower seed oil, what more could you really as for. I already cant wait to use it again, its also important to note the result does last, my hair has been so much more manageable, shiny and smooth ever since using this "serious conditioner", which is something I find very rare with hair masks and intensive treatments. I'm definitely going to be using this once every week, especially during the autumn/winter months.
I have the 150ml version of this, which is actually really big and it retails for £14 on FeelUnique.com, which is actually really quite a good price. On the other hand however you can buy it in a bigger 750ml tube, which is only £25.50, once again on FeelUnique.com, its obvious that the 750ml (if you have somewhere to keep it) is much better value and is so worth buying,

Dream Drops
I love shiny, healthy looking hair. Therefore I'm forever looking for a product which gives me the best results, however without leaving my hair greasy, which is ridiculously difficult when you have fine hair. Then I read about this on someones blog and thought I would do a bit more research into it...and lets just say a serious amount of people rave about this product. Basically "Dream Drops is a lightweight shine serum that separates and defines strands while nourishing the hair without weighing it down. Enriched with vitamins and Jojoba Oil, this product can be used daily to impart shine, detangle and condition."
Overall, I love this hair product, it's makes my hair feel amazing (like silk), smell amazing (like strawberries), and look amazing (even my boyfriend said how incredibly healthy and shiny it looked)! Ingredients wise it not only has Avocado oil, which is very penetrating and rich in vitamins A, C, E and amino acids, but also Jojoba seed oil which helps your hair retain moisture and elasticity...dry hair will benefit from this little wonder greatly. I know some people really like to use this on damp hair before they blow dry, however as I already use my "SkinnySerum" for that, I prefer to just use this as a mega shine serum after straightening it.
This comes in a 75ml bottle, which is really good as you only need a pea size amount for the most amazing shine. It retails for £15.25 on FeelUnique.com, which I think is a really good price for such a fantastic product.

Flat Iron Shine Spray
The one thing I always forget to use is a heat defence spray. I don't really know why because I'm always moaning about how dry my hair is, and heat damage is the main reason for dry hair, therefore heat defence should be the first thing on my "I need list". However like many women, when I wake up in a morning spraying my hair with a heat defence spray just seems like one more step that I don't really have time for...but not any more!
This Flat Iron Shine Spray is a "high tech thermal protectant which provides a soft shine with a healthy finish whilst styling with a flat iron and also protects from daily UV rays. Vitamins A & E nourish the hair while acting as antioxidants to protect hair from environmental damage.
Overall this does what it says on the bottle. It helps to protect hair, keeps it looking healthy and shiny and doesn't leave it feeling or looking greasy like some other heat defence sprays. Like most other TIGI products this has a really sweet smell, not overly sickly but not one you can ignore. Personally I really like it, it reminds me of a sweet shop and the scent does last in your hair which is always a bonus. This is for me a really good product, it leaves my hair feel well protected, conditioned and with a healthy shine. Out of all the heat defence sprays I've tried this one works best for me, and proves that it's sometimes worth paying that little bit extra for salon quality products. However, its really important to note, with this product less is definitely more, as going over the top could lead to you hair looking slightly on the greasy side. I know this is a spray, however i find it works best if you spray it into your hands then run it through your hair, I find doing this not only stops your hair getting greasy but also makes the product spread further.
This fabulous product comes in a 125ml bottle, which is really good as you only need 2 or 3 sprays for your whole hair, if you section it, then obviously its on spray per section. It retails on FeelUnique.com for £13.50, which again is really rather cheap for such an amazing product.


Have you ever tried any of the TIGI S-Factor range, if so...what are your thoughts on it?

No comments:

Post a Comment