Friday 26 October 2012

Rouge Dior.

Dior - 
Rouge Dior in Trafalgar Pink (565)


If you read my blog often, you will know I love anything and everything pink. When it comes to lipstick however I usually sway between baby pink and rose pink shades, never in my life have I been brave enough to wear "hot pink". Due to my blonde hair, many people have said they think it would suit me and that I should try it, however it's just something I haven't ever felt confident enough to attempt...well until now. 

During work one day I was walking past the Chanel counter and spotted a pink lipstick, it was somewhere iridescent and was a beautiful colour. After researching it and seeing what people had said about it, I wasn't very sure that it was worth the money. Later that week during a wander round the Leeds White Rose Centre with my boyfriend, I decided to have a look on the Dior counter in Debenhams, (Dior is definitely one of my guilty pleasures), and thats when I saw pretty much the same colour lipstick, however this time by Dior, who I already know does the most amazing lipsticks ever. Before I even picked it up my boyfriend pointed it out, and said how pretty it was...this is a very good sign as he has strangely good eye when it comes to make up and what colours may suit me. I had the beauty consultant put it on for me and it looked incredible, I had to buy it as soon as I saw it on, and lets just say its my new favourite lipstick.

Dior state "Rouge Dior is a wardrobe of 32 sublime shades directly inspired by the deep, luxurious colours of Dior Haute Couture gowns to reveal all the beauty of triumphant and radiant femininity! Instantly and day after day, this exceptional lipstick offers the lips the extreme splendour of full, smooth and perfectly defined youthfulness. The secret? A new generation of plumping hyaluronic acid microspheres. Generously coated with pigments on the lip surface, they help boost the radiance and depth of colour. In midnight blue Haute Couture case, with the cane-work motif dear to the brand, unveils the "Haute Couleur" stick, made even more extraordinary due to its unique shine and its engraved CD signature"

The colour is just stunning, a beautiful fuchsia, with blue undertones, something which definitely makes a difference from the dull and dreary autumn weather we are experiencing at the moment. It's actually really quite moisturising on the lips, and the colour does not bleed nor does it dull throughout the day, it stays pretty and pink all throughout the day. It does have a tendency of staining the lips after wearing it, however I like that, as it means I can just add a shiny lip balm and it looks as if I have made an effort. It retails for £25, which I know is somewhat expensive, however for the stunning quality of the lipstick its definitely worth the price.


Have you tried any of the Dior Rouge Dior Lipsticks, if so which is your favourite shade?

No comments:

Post a Comment