Friday 26 October 2012

Personalised Palette.


Urban Decay - 

Build Your Own Palette (Debenhams Exclusive)

If theses one thing I love other then pink lipgloss/stick, its amazing eye shadows. I can definitely say out of all the brands, Urban Decay have the best selection of eyeshadows on the market. The new formula is amazing, the pigmentation is incredible, they last for hours without creasing or fading, even longer if you use one of their award winning eyeshadow primers underneath, and the overall colour range is phenomenal. Every beauty blogger will have raved on about the naked palette's as there beauty staples in pretty much everyones make-up bag, however now they have created new "build your own palette". This provides everyones with a way of making their own amazing, unique palette using their favourite shades, however i should state only the new packaged eyeshadows fit this palette, as the old versions don't separate from their original cases.

I did see this palette when it first came out, however it was 6-pan and it was too big for me to take around with me when i went away for the night, weekend or holiday, as it was just too bulky alongside my naked palette (which goes everywhere with me). Therefore imagine my excitement when I saw a 4-pan version displayed in Debenhams...lets just say excited doesn't even cut it
Which ever palette you go for either the 6 or 4-pan palette, it comes with one never-before-seen shade already in the palette. This palette came with the shade "rock" which is just stunning, its a sheer, shimmery oyster/taupe shade which you won't find anywhere else. House of Fraser does do a similar palette, however the artwork on the front is different and the added shade is called "melt" which is a sheer, shimmery peach shade. I've swatched both and I preferred "rock", not only because in my opinion its much more pigmented, but also I think its a much more wearable shade, which I can blend with my other 3 favourite shades I wanted to put in the palette. Its also important to note that if you would prefer to buy the 6-pan eyeshadow palette, you can still purchase this online at both; Debenhams and House of Fraser. Unlike the 4-pan palettes, this comes with the shade "walk of shame" which is a matte, soft pinkish-peach shade, and also a travel-sized Good Karma brush. 
The other three shades I've put into my palette are; (from left to right) SWF, shattered and flash. There three really stunning shades which look great worn alone or put together, at the moment my favourite combination is "rock" and "shattered" which its just a stunning duo-toned colour, it blends beautifully with "rock" creating the most fantastic eye-catching effect.

Have you got a Urban Decay "build your own palette", if so which did you go for and what shades have you put in yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment