Sunday 30 September 2012

Pink-Tastic.

As you all know pink is my favourite colour. Not only is it really girly and fun, but also it has a talent of cheering me up and keep me smiling throughout the dull Autumn weather. I actually have acrylic nails, however something I get bored of one nail colour and cant be bothered to spend £12-£15 just to have them neatened up and re-painted, and due to me being a student, i thought i would instead paint them myself. Therefore I thought it was time to purchase some rather pretty pink nails varnishes, purely because i don't have any nail varnishes of my own, as i never had any reason to buy any.

Therefore, this is a little post showing you the nail varnishes to which I bought, due to my camera breaking on me not long ago I borrowed the images from google, so i could show you the colours exactly.
The first of which is Essie's Funny Face, this is a really bright beautiful pink. My boyfriend actually chose this nail varnish, because in his words it was the one that "looked the most pink", in my opinion giving me the best reason to buy it. Its truly lovely and girly, and I think it would look amazing on every skin tone and nail length.
Secondly is Essie's Watermelon, this is possibly the most popular pink shade from Essie. Its in between a red and pink, truly the colour of a watermelon (I know this because I tested it out against a Watermelon). Its very pretty and is a bit deeper then Funny Face, therefore I thought it was a fantastic alternative for those days i don't want such a bright colour. Both of these Essie polishes really last well on the nails; I've had Watermelon on for 5 days now and its only just started to slightly chip at the tips, this in my opinion is just amazing, as most polishes really don't make it past 3 days at the most.
Because I really love glitter I thought i wouldalso purchased a few glitter polishes. The first of which is Nail Inc's Princess Arcade, this is a rather deep pink, some may say more on the purple side. Its super glittery and just looks amazing on the nails. Its referred to by Nail Inc as "Nail Jewellery", personally i think this is just down to he highly pigmented glitter form. This is really stunning and can be worn on every finger or just on the ring finger or little finger depending which you prefer, I've also seen this been used along side black as a glitter gradient, and I thought that looked truly stunning (see here).
Lastly is another Nail Inc polish, Pinkie Pink. This is very much like Princess Arcade, however its a much paler pink, but never the less very stunning. This specific polish was released to raise money for the Breast Cancer Campaign and I think personally its a fantastic colour and idea to have something so girly and pretty to represent such a fantastic charity. I would have bought this polish anyway, but the fact £1 of every purchase goes to the charity, its a fantastic reason to definitely buy the polish. Once again I think this would look lovely on every nail or as a staple on the ring or little finger, I would also love to hear about if you think this would look good as a gradient glitter tip, and if so what colour polish would you put underneath? 

No comments:

Post a Comment