Monday 10 September 2012

24/7 Coverage.

Urban Decay 24/7 Concealer Pencil

 
 
In not going to lie, I'm not normally a concealer girl. The main reason for this is that firstly, I hate the cakiness that most concealers lead to, no matter how little you use they always end up really thick and nasty. Secondly, because I'm rather oily, they have a tendency to slide right off my face, which is far from a good look, plus there far too expensive to buy and use one. So now I will introduce the concealer which has completely changed my view of concealer all together, the Urban Decay 24/7 Concealer Pencil, by now you may have noticed I'm on a Urban Decay obsessive streak at this current moment, but never the less this concealer is amazing.
Firstly Urban Decay states "A concealer in pencil form equals precise application, and less mess-no brush, no dipping your finger into a pot, or squeezing a dollop onto a sponge. Dot on tiny blemishes, or shade in large problem areas (like redness around the nose and chin). The creamy formula blends easily, then dries down to a smudge-free matte finish."
 
I know this may seem like a pattern with my Urban Decay make-up reviews but what can I say, its does what it says on the box and is totally fabulous in every way. So let the review begin..
Firstly the packaging. Anything that comes in pencil/stick form is usually more convenient, I find. That’s why I bought it in the first place… the ease of keeping a pencil for touch-ups is much more than having to pull out a pot concealer and brush. The pencil itself is a plastic material, your still able to sharpen it easily (I use the Urban Decay Grindhouse dual sharpener), which not only keeps the tip precise (as precise as sharpening a large pencil can be), but also clean and stops any excess product gunking it up.
Now onto the product. I was amazed at how long-lasting this concealer was, especially as its so creamy and blendable. In my experience, the more creamy a product, the less it stays on the skin, however this one definitely defied that assumption I made about it, because it lasts long enough for me to not have to touch up throughout the day (I will if I’m going out for the evening though). It glides on like silk and blends with the pat of a finger or the stroke of a brush or sponge. It works great on top of liquid foundation, or fantastic underneath mineral foundation, and the pigmentation is good enough to cover the darkest circles or most glaring blemishes.
You’ll never get the tip as precise as it started out. However if you’re really trying to get precise, you can always use a brush to apply it (just sweep a bit off the tip). You also will lose a bit of product when sharpening it… a few downsides to having the convenient pencil form, but totally worth it in my opinion.

Urban Decay also recently launched four more shades to the range (on the darker end), which even though it didn’t affect me, I was happy to see that more girls out there would be able to share my love for this product! It’s definitely gone from being a convenient purse dweller to an everyday makeup bag must have for me. This little wonder can be purchased from any Urban Decay Counter for only £12, which I know is still fairly expensive in comparison to a L'Oreal or Collection alternative, but never the less I think its definitely worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment