Wednesday 5 September 2012

All Day Shine Free.

Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifying Powder

 
 
I love my Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation, read here. It has great lasting ability, however after about 6 or 7 hours I begin to look the slightest bit shiny over the t-zone and therefore thought it was time to invest in a mattifying powder. Now, I know there are so many powders out there that aim to help tone down shine, however as my favourite foundation at the moment is Urban Decay and after having a good look on Makeupalley.com, it came out definitely one of the top mattifying powders on the market. Another bonus of this product is that for £20, it can definitely live in my handbag and I wont worry too much about it shattering, unlike if I was to buy a more expensive alternative.
 
Urban Decay state; "One of our Co-Founder's favourite products! This shine-stopping pressed powder blots oil and keeps shine at bay. Try it on naked skin (if you run into the hot guy at the gym), or over foundation (for touch-ups on the dance floor without destroying your makeup). Because the formula contains super lightweight, oil-absorbing rice powder, you won't feel the powder, but you'll see the shine-free results. The lavender shade applies invisibly and works on every skin tone, from dark chocolate to palest porcelain.




Keep De-Slick in your bag at all times! The gorgeous, transparent purple compact seems to glow from within, featuring Urban Decay embellishments of skulls, flourishes and flowers. Pop it open to reveal a mirror and handy application puff."

As I'm in a rush, and I don't think I need to go into too much detail because it does exactly what it says on the box, I thought I would just list the pro's and con's of this Mattifying Powder, just so you all can see just how INCREDIBLE this product is.
 
Pro's
  • Gorgeous packaging
  • You get a massive amount of product for the price
  • Comes with puff and mirror
  • Reduces shine immensely
  • Can be applied on top of makeup or to a bare face
  • Doesn’t leave a ghost-like ashy white cast to your face
  • Because it’s invisible, it works on any skin-tone
  • A little goes a LONG way
  • It has an airbrushing qualities to it, when you put it on it smooths tiny imperfections
  • Convenient
  • Doesn’t clog pores
  • Doesn’t irritate the skin (and my skin is super sensitive)
  • Doesn’t “build up” or get cakey like a regular blot powder would
Con's
  • Has a weird, slight medicinal scent to it but it doesn’t transfer to your face
  • The purple side of the puff inside the compact sticks to the mirror and ends up smudging it, however as long as you have a wet wipe or tissue in your handbag this is no big issue.
Overall I really love this little compact. Its so easy to use and works like a treat, its also small enough and thin enough to slip not only in your handbag during the day but also into your clutch at night. It pretty much does what it says on the tin, and when used alongside the De-Slick setting spray it really does help keep make up lasting much longer throughout the day without as much oiliness. For me, its an ultimate god send.

1 comment:

  1. Urban Decay's packaging is always an A+! I love their products so much!

    vickyhoang.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete