Monday 30 July 2012

Shimmering Diamond.

Diorskin Poudre Shimmer

in Rose Diamond


I've been looking at purchasing this little beauty for a long time, however there was word going around that it was actually being discontinued, and therefore I wasn't expecting to find it anywhere. However whilst in House of Fraser in Leeds I thought I would ask anyway, and to my up most shock they actually had in stock. She also told me that they had in fact changed their mind in wishing to discontinue it, which makes me really happy because its just stunning.

This is an all over face powder, however I just use it to highlight my cheekbones and to add a beautiful shimmer to my skin. As sheer and shimmering as silk, the Poudre Shimmer brightens the complexion with thousands of sparkles and an airy caress of translucent light subtly shaded with delicate, sparkly gem-like effects. What is the secret of these unique reflections? Just the right amount of pearlescent particles and pigments designed to give the skin a beautiful sheen. The result is in just one step, your face radiates with a delicate halo of light!


It comes in two shades, the Rose Diamond, which is the one I own, and also Amber Diamond, which is brown tones. I looked at both, however the Dior assistant thought this shade suited my complexionbeautiful glow then that of the Amber Diamond. As it was the one I had originally wanted anyway I bought it immediately and haven't stopped admiring its beauty since. Its very much like the Bobbi Brown shimmer brick, however as my sister owns that I have compared them both, and actually much prefer this Dior version, this is because in my opinion the Bobbi Brown version can sometimes be...too much. Whereas this creates just the right amount of shimmer which when picked up by the light looks totally incredible, making my face so radiant and look so pretty. I did attempt to swatch this, unfortunately I wasn't able to get a photo which portrayed its true beauty, however due to it not being discontinued any more you can always nip to a Dior counter and swatch it for yourself and uncover its stunning beauty.

Overall this is just stunning. It retails for £32, which many will find rather expensive, however I think its a really good price for much a stunning piece which will definitely last you a long time due to it being 10g, which is a hefty weight. You also only need such a small amount of product to create a stunning look, so it will definitely last you a long, long time.

What do you think of the stunning Poudre Shimmer?

No comments:

Post a Comment