Tuesday 10 July 2012

The Perfect All-In-One.

Dior -

5 Couleurs Designer All-In-One Artistry Palette (Pink Design)


This was one of the little presents I bought myself whilst I was on holiday. I originally looked at these all-in-one palettes at my local Dior counter, however I really wanted the Pink Design (808) version, however they couldn't get hold of it for me, therefore I was overly excited when I saw it abroad. I actually didn't swatch it before I bought it because I had been wanting it for that long, I knew it was going to be brilliant, therefore it was on the counter within 30 seconds of spotting it.
Now, I have to say upfront, this is possibly the most difficult product to explain and review ever! However here we go...so, basically there the ultra-professional and totally new version of the mythic 5 coulerus palette. Its made up of five different textures which have been brought together in a single case to create the most amazing styles;
1. Base/Light
2. Colour/Iridescent
3. Shade/Satinity
4. Shine/Pearlescent
5. Liner/Matt
These five essential steps used by professional makeup artists, allows you to draw attention to the eyes and creates ultra-graphic eye make-up looks. This is the most beautiful palette with complimentary shades which can be worked for a subtle or dramatic look. All the colours are incredibly flattering, highly pigmented and easily blendable.

Now this palette specifically focuses on using pinks/purples. I did attempt to swatch the shades on the back of my hand working from 1 (the top shade) to 4 (the bottom shade), however specifically 1 and 4 due to them being really light and rather glittery it was really difficult to pick the shades up, however 2 and 3 are the most increidble shades out of all the pallet. 2 is the baby pink, which is very light and beautiful, whereas 3 is a stunning purple, both of which are glittery but it really helps to create the most incredible looks.

Overall, I really love this palette, not only are the colours stunning and they apply so easily, but also it includes a little example of how to best use the shades within the palette, meaning everyone can create the most amazing looks. The packagings the usual Dior style, very elegant and looks so expensive, it does come with two double ended eyeshadow/eyeliner applicators which means you can use the palette everywhere, easily slipping it into your bag without worrying about having to take five different brushes. It did cost 49 euros which converts into around £38, actually not saving that much, however I don't really mind. 



No comments:

Post a Comment