Thursday 31 March 2016

Photo Filter.

Smashbox –
Photo Filter Powder Foundation

‘The special effects of Light Filter Technology and the performance of long-wear Photoset Polymers blend together to make this powder foundation magic. Not only does it act like your favourite photo filter on your phone, but it also stays true all day.
In today’s super social world where everyone’s a photographer, this product couldn’t have come at a better time. 
WHY YOU’LL LOVE IT:
ALL ABOUT THE FORMULA
1)    LIGHT FILTER TECHNOLOGY: Works just like the filters that make your skin look amazing on the photo app you love. Transparent particles diffuse light in various directions, blurring imperfections while still keeping the subject in focus. We’re not using the usual chalky particles to fuse the formula, which creates a muddy effect. Since the particles in this foundation are translucent, the pigment’s true color always comes through.
2)    PHOTOSET POLYMERS: Taken from medical-grade liquid bandage technology, which sticks to skin for hours on end. You can always count on extended wear with this formula. 
JUST THE FACTS:
•    8-hour wear
•    Non-drying. Non-caking. Non-settling. Oil-free
•    Customisable finish – sheer or full – with a double-sided sponge
•    Buildable coverage’

I am really liking the new Smashbox Photo Filter Powder Foundation. I’ve been wearing this foundation for two weeks now, and I have been very impressed with it. My first WOW moment with this foundation was the amazing black square packaging. Similar to Nars packaging, the all black matte square looks extremely chic. It really stands out against most round powder compacts. The powder is extremely soft and creamy. It literally glides on to your skin. The foundation comes in ten different shades. I ended up going with shade 3. The foundation does oxidize (darken) a bit once applied, so if you are in between shades I would go lighter rather than darker.
The compact comes with a double sided sponge to customize your application. One side is slightly more velvety than the other, and is said to provide a more natural finish. I found that I liked to apply the product with a kabuki style brush-kind of buffing it into the skin for an airbrushed finish. The coverage is pretty fantastic. It really does not take a lot of product to get a flawless finish. I felt like the foundation really did “blur” my imperfections, and smoothed out my face. It does not accentuate dry skin or any dry patches on your face like some powder foundations can do.

Smashbox advertises the foundation as having an 8 hour wear, and I would say it definitely lives up to that claim. I can apply the foundation before work in the morning around 7:15, and I don’t find I really need a touch up until about 3 or 4 o’clock. I honestly have no complaints about this foundation, and I think it may be one of the best powder foundations I’ve used to date!

No comments:

Post a Comment