Thursday 31 March 2016

Oval 8.

ARTIS -
Oval 8


•    The Oval 8 is slightly smaller than the Oval 10 and has 100’s of thousands of fibres in an oval shape to provide applications to a large area of the face
•     The company’s trademarked CosmeFibre® is created by using high-tech machines that produce completely consistent, man-made fibres that make-up the fibre bundle. The structure of the engineered fibre, each with a microscopically tapered end, allows for more consistent application than animal hair used in conventional makeup brushes
•    Each patented brush has on average 3 to 10 times as many individual fibres as conventional animal hair brushes, resulting in superior blending and smooth makeup application 
•    Fibre bundles are shaped to make product pickup and delivery easier and more effective
•    Designed with a special grip surface to provide better control, and tilted brush tip and fibre bundles that give the user the ability to apply, distribute and blend like never before



Oval 8 was launched as the perfect “base brush” and believe me when I say it really is. It distributes and blends liquid products flawlessly and the whole process literally takes seconds. It’s also great to use with powder products to either set the face or apply a sweep of blush or bronzer.
This is THE brush that I’ve had my eye on since I discovered the Artis brand. Used in application of everything base related, this brush is magic! I usually use both a Flat Top Kabuki brush and a Beauty Blender to achieve the flawless airbrushed look when it comes to my base products: Flat top kabuki distributes the product, Beauty Blender buffs it out evenly; this has always been my base tag team.
The Oval 8 brush pretty much combines these two tools to give the most flawless finish I have personally experienced on my own face. It has the distribution qualities of a buffing brush and airbrushed blending of a beauty blender all in one. And as I mentioned earlier, the product did not get lost in the bristles so I ended up using much less foundation than I usually do.
So far I’ve used the Oval 8 brush for my liquid foundation, setting powder, bronzer, blush and highlighter and every single product blended like a dream. I found the trick is: do not press the brush into the skin but rather rest it against it and use soft circular motions until the product fully blends, which literally takes seconds.

This style of brush also comes in Oval 10, which is much larger and could probably be used for body products; the new Oval 7, which is on my must-have list, and also Oval 6 which again is on my list. I feel having this style of brush in slightly different sizes would give me more control of where I concentrate certain products.

No comments:

Post a Comment