Tuesday 2 June 2015

Skin Foundation.

Bobbi Brown –
Skin Foundation Stick

The ultimate nude foundation—Bobbi’s iconic Foundation Stick gets an update with a unique transparent base plus skin tone correct pigments for an incredibly natural look. Its creamy yet weightless texture applies effortlessly and blends seamlessly so all you see is fresh, smooth, even skin. In 24 skin tone correct shades (our broadest shade range).”

A few years ago I bought the original version of this, it was named simply Foundation Stick. I did buy it because when the make up artist at Bobbi Brown put this on me it looked amazing (doesn’t it always), however when I came to do it myself I found it really dragged my skin, it felt super drying, was a nightmare to blend in, and it just left a dry, cakey mess. Nonetheless, late last year they reinvented and reformulated this stick and renamed it Skin Foundation Stick. Whilst looking for a good powder I could use on the go and for touch ups throughout the day, this little product kept popping up as the best product for a quick and easy application, flawless finish and handbag friendly for touch ups on the go. Therefore, after a lot of research into it, I went to my local Bobbi Brown counter and got her to try it on me and shade match me. As soon as she started matching me up I could tell the formula was so much better then the old version, it just glided onto the skin, and when she finally did a full face it looked flawless, amazing and truly like my skin but better.
I have now had it over a month and thought it was time I wrote a review on it.
This Skin Foundation Stick is of the soft matte finish with medium-full coverage. Combination – Oily-skinned ladies, rejoice! This may just be your best friend, especially in humid Manila weather. Despite the coverage, it doesn’t feel heavy on at all. What is with Bobbi Brown foundations and their lightweight-ness? The texture of this Foundation Stick is mousse-to-cream like.  This is one of those foundations that you’re definitely better off blending with a buffing brush as it gives a more seamless finish. I use Bobbi Browns Full Coverage Brush, however the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush or Buffing Brush would work perfectly.
The coverage is definitely medium. With this, I find that I don’t need to pile on the concealer because it does a pretty good job covering up the dark circles on its own. Right after blending, I initially thought the foundation looks a bit too flat on me but after 10-15 minutes – it sets to a softer, more natural-looking finish. So don’t be scared when you apply this and feel like how I felt above, you have to give it time to settle down fully. An issue I encountered with this though, is it has a tendency to cling on to dry patches so you have to moisturise prior, let the moisturiser dry down a bit and then put this on. It will give you the most beautiful medium-full coverage that doesn’t scream I’M WEARING MAKE-UP.
However, I do find that I oil up on my T-zone around the 5/6 hour mark with this foundation. That’s when I either touch up with the stick (because it’s so handy I do carry it around my makeup kit!) or blot with powded. Lasting power, on my combination skin, is impressive. It doesn’t slide off easily.
Overall, this foundation is amazing. It is medium to full coverage, so I personally only use it full face for events or nights out, other then that I use it as a concealer and throughout the day for touch ups. I would literally be lost without it now!

No comments:

Post a Comment