Thursday 28 May 2015

My New Favourite Foundation Brush.

Bobbi Brown –
Full Coverage Face Brush
This Bobbi Brown Full Coverage Face Brush has sat on my wish list for a number of months now, it wasn't an essential purchase as everyday I use and love my Real Techniques Buffing Brush, therefore this type of brush wasn't missing out of my collection. However, was something about it though which made me need this (a regular feeling when it comes to makeup). Nevertheless, I nipped into my Bobbi Brown counter and asked the make up artist about this brush, and she showed me how to use it with my new favourite foundation the Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick. I was beyond blown away with how it applied my foundation so beautifully.
This is my first Bobbi Brown make-up brush so I had no expectations, I had just heard how soft it was! Lets just address that to start with, this brush is incredibly soft which makes buffing in foundation a joy, I love spending extra time just buffing away as it is so lovely to use. The bristles are densely packed which really helps to work the foundation into the skin, leaving the most flawless finish I have encountered from a foundation brush.
It has a short, chunky handle, making it easy to use and ideal for travel – because I go away a lot for weekends or weeks away, I hate it when my make up brushes don’t fit into my makeup bag. It washes easily, keeping its shape and hasn't shed on at all. The only down side is that it does cost £30, which means it is not the cheapest brush, but I see it as an investment and hopefully due to this being a high quality brush it will last me for years!
Overall, I really love this brush; it applies my foundation beautifully and flawlessly. It’s a lot softer and feels much higher quality then my Real Techniques Buffer Brush; therefore I think it is worth the higher price tag.

Does anyone recommend any other Bobbi Brown brushes?

3 comments: