Wednesday 27 May 2015

Perfectly Shine Free.

No7 -
Stay Perfect Shine Free Primer
+ a mini No7 Airbrush Away Primer update
Not long ago I did a review of the No7 Airbrush Away Primer. As I have used it up, I thought I would give you an update first, before reviewing the next Primer from No7. So for those of you who didn’t read that post, No7 Airbrush Away Primer claimed to be an innovative primer is the first of its kind, reducing the appearance of all the signs of ageing instantly. The unique complex combines filling properties with light-diffusing particles to smooth fine lines and wrinkles and put uneven skin tone and pores into soft focus. Proven results can be seen in just ten minutes and last for up to eight hours. Now that I have used the whole tube up, and seen how it lasts for a range of different times, weather, skin condition etc. I have to say; I don’t think I would by this primer again (as you can no doubt tell as I'm about to review another primer). Anyway…first of all texture wise it feels like a nice light cream and it absorbs well into the skin drying to a matte finish and it does have a pleasant scent. I have tied this primer many ways, with a BB on top then my foundation, just my foundation on top and also waiting 10+ minutes before applying my foundation or BB cream. Even though when I wrote my first review I was pleasantly surprised I have to say, compared to other primers it didn’t really do anything for my pores, which is the main concern I have. In terms of lasting power, it does keep foundation on quite a while, however its not a put on in the morning and look just as good when you get home primer, you do have to powder ever few hours (if you have combination skin like me). Overall, it provides an OK base for makeup but then so do other primers I have tried and I wasn't convinced that it made applying foundation any easier. It was a real shame as I was looking forward to seeing a real difference. I wonder if this primer is better suited to people with more pronounced lines and wrinkles?

Anyway. Onto the new, shiny and fantastic primer! I have tried this for a few weeks, as I didn’t want to be like OMG ITS AMAZING, and then in a week’s time be like OMG ITS JUST OK.
So...No7 Stay Perfect Shine Free Primer keeps shiny skin under control all day long, with its mattifying oil-free base. Light reflecting particles help disguise fine lines and flaws, while oil absorbing Biopol helps minimise blemishes and blot away shine without blocking pores. Contains watermelon and cucumber extracts to help soothe and cool your skin. Formulated to be non pore blocking and hypo-allergenic.”
Basically this Stay perfect face primer isn’t anything new from No7, it was first released in 2011 (so I may be a little late to the party…but anyway). It promises all day Perfection. Beautifully soft to apply and easily blendable, this oil-free formula creates a perfect canvas for foundation to keep skin flawless all day. Contains Burdock extract to help prevent blemishes and Vitamins A and E to help condition and revitalise skin. Microsponges help balance oil product to give flawless finish. Texture wise it dispenses looking a bit frothy/foamy but isn’t really sticky like some primers. Applied to the skin it feels very silky and soft, it does sits on top of the skin like a silky film but it is not oily or wet. I saw an instant difference in my skin from the moment of application. The redness in my cheeks was lessened, the pores barely visible and the skin smoothed. Foundation glided over the skin and I had a perfect canvas just like promised and it lasted. I put this on today at 8 o’clock in the morning, worked all day in a shopping centre, haven’t had time to touch up my make up or powder my t-zone (trust me I expected a serious state when I got home), got home at 6 o’clock, looked in the mirror and other then the slightest, tiniest bit of shine on my t-zone, my foundation looked amazing (especially after a full day of work).

Overall, I really love this primer and reach for it on a daily basis. It is priced at a rather reasonable £12.50.

No comments:

Post a Comment