Wednesday 1 April 2015

Breath of Fresh Air.

Dior -

Diorskin Nude Air Serum Foundation 



“A pioneer in achieving a natural look, Dior innovates and broadens its nude makeup expertise with Diorskin Nude Air: a weightless, ultra-fluid serum as light and beneficial as a breath of fresh air, for an enhanced complexion with sheer correction. Like after a day in the great outdoors, the complexion has all the fresh, radiant beauty of a natural healthy glow.
Its weightless velvety freshness and incredibly fine and exceptional texture, made with oils that evaporate instantly, the talc-free Diorskin Nude Air formula deposits an undetectable film of makeup on the skin. Its high-precision dropper easily delivers exactly the right amount leaving perfectly natural-looking makeup in an instant.
The formula enriched with soft-focus agents and glazed pigments produces an even, radiant complexion in an instant for perfect correction with a sheer finish. The complexion glows with natural beauty and day after day, all the benefits of a breath of pure fresh air for your skin. Dior introduces Oxygen Activ™ technology, an innovative combination of a hyper-oxygenated oil, Cranberry oil, vitamins and minerals. Revitalised, the skin breathes and becomes more beautiful each day.” - Dior

Dior might not always be the first in everything, but they usually nail it when they get on the bandwagon. You might wonder what can be so groundbreaking about the new Dior Diorskin Nude Air Serum, but in a nutshell it’s pretty awesome! Most of you probably know the first brand that rolled out a foundation like this is Giorgio Armani. While I did like Maestro, I sometimes found it a little matte and drying. Therefore when I ran out I didn’t repurchase it. From what I can remember, the two biggest differences about the two are the finish (Diorskin Nude Air Serum is more of a velvety matte) and coverage (Diorskin Nude Air Serum offers medium coverage with no building up, whereas Maestro took some serious building up).

The bottle is stunning, I really love the silver on the bottle, and it makes it look so expensive! Because of the formula its important you remember to shake the bottle before use, a tip: hold the dropper down when you are shaking the bottle, and release it when you are done. That way, you are sure the foundation in the stem is freshly mixed.
Diorskin Nude Air Serum offers a velvety matte finish and medium coverage. If you have no obvious imperfections, you can probably achieve flawless skin while skipping concealer altogether. The soft-focus effect is amazing to behold. It is pretty much as if you were born with no pores, which for me is incredible! The formula is also seriously long wearing. Even without a primer, it can easily last through a workday. With a primer and a bit of powder on my T-zone, you are looking at 10+ hours. While Diorskin Nude Air Serum’s finish is more on the matte side, I don’t find the formula dry or drying, which was my biggest issue with Giorgio Armani’s Maestro.
I know one thing everyone is going to ask me is how I would compare Diorskin Star with Diorskin Nude Air, and my answer is they are so different there is really no comparing. I foresee myself using and loving both. Diorskin Nude Air is more like an everyday low-maintenance no-effort foundation, and Diorskin Star is what I use when I want to feel like a million pounds (and when I need my makeup to look extraordinarily good for a very long day).

Overall, this is a fantastic foundation, and I can really see myself using it a lot during summer! It’s the perfect everyday foundation, and makes my skin look incredible!

No comments:

Post a Comment