Wednesday 22 April 2015

Flowerista.

Now, as you all know brands release little collections every season/when they feel like it. Usually I’m not always interested in the shades, however sometimes I might pick up one that I really like or is fairly unique. However, recently Essie have released their Spring 2015 collection and I have to say I was supper excited to get my hands on not one but three of there shaded!
The collection is beautifully called Flowerista, which I think is really appropriate for spring. They describe the collection by saying;
“Whether the look is futuristsic minimalism or nouveau bohemian, the name of the game is flower power. The spring 2015 collection is in full bloom, celebrating the fresh perspectives and energetic nature of the spring season.”
The three shades I was super excited to picked up were:
Essie Flowerista is a rich reddish plum creme. It’s super pigmented you can almost get away with one coat. This is one of those shades you think would be easily dupe-able however it really isn’t, I don’t actually own anything like in my whole collection, which is pretty rare for me. It is such a pretty colour!
Essie Garden Variety is a vivid blue/teal. It has an undercurrent of green but not enough to enter seawater territory. I love how vibrant it is and that, bonus, it doesn’t stain! As you can see, it has a similar depth of colour to some other similar polishes that have been released, however Garden Variety is slightly greener.
Last but not least, and definitely my favourite is Essie Petal Pushers is a described by Essie as a smoky stone rose and I get that looking at this colour. It’s a grey creme, but with strong blue/purple undertones that set it apart. It’s totally original and applies beautifully.
Like all shades Essie nail polish is 3-Free (Formaldehyde, Toluene, DBP). The square bottles are embossed with the Essie logo and the smooth plastic caps include an embossed ‘e’ on top. Bottles at mass retailers have stickers rather than embossing on the bottle. The brushes are thin, round and shorter than most. The bristles are very flexible, allowing you to easily fan out the brush to cover your nail width.

This collection has that typical Essie formulation: watery, thin, easy to manipulate. The pigmentation is better in some colors than others with the three darker shades becoming opaque in two coats, and the rest getting it done in three, they all self-level and dry with a glossy finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment