Thursday 15 August 2013

My New Perfect Foundation?

Vichy -
Dermablend Foundation
This product is definitely a ‘don’t judge a book by its cover product’ and I am so glad that they now sell it in Boots! The product itself looks quite bland, simple and doesn’t really even look like other Vichy products. I haven’t yet found a holy-grail foundation, some have come close, and I always find something that I just don’t quite like about them. I saw this in my local boots when picking up some La Roche-Posay skin care and I thought I would do a little research on it. Even though it isn’t as well known, the reviews online for it were seriously glowing, therefore I thought I would take the plunge and purchase it.

After researching it, I found out that it is a corrective foundation, designed to give total coverage. It’s designed to give up to 12 hours of long lasting and flawless wear whilst providing an even skin tone – which would explain why I found it made me look so flawless, it’s just doing its job! Another thing I found out, (exciting) is that it includes Vichy thermal spa water, which is renowned for its soothing and fortifying properties. This leaves your skin moisturised and comfortable all day. I can vouch for this. So basically, it's like a treatment foundation, which treats your problems.
Lets just say, I was very shocked when I applied this to my face…

I have breakouts once a month (that girl point of the month) specifically in my t-zone and even though I’m lucky enough to not have them every day, that week once a month where I do break out is always the worst week. My skin hurts, looks horrendous with and without make up and just nothing can fix it. I usually find that if I apply foundation over the top of spots, they make my skin look worse. They almost make your spots double in size and make them stand out more. I find concealer is the same; they cover redness, but seem to fail when covering spots.

When I put this on my face, I was shocked. This is hands down, the only thing that I have come across where 1. No concealer is required. 2. It doesn’t make my skin look worse. Vichy's Dermablend is actually like a miracle foundation, hence why I needed to give this a rave review. I don’t understand how it does it, but trust me, it does. I keep making the mistake of putting far too much on my fingers; because a load does tend to come out, so do be careful.

I tend to put a tiny bit on my chin (the problem area) and then because it is so thick I just blend that with my Real Techniques blending brush around the rest of the face, a tiny bit on the chin when blended, covering Some foundations are very thick, and cakey looking. This is surprisingly very natural looking when blended, it doesn’t look like a mask, or cakey and doesn’t give you those nasty lines down the side of your face as long as you blend well. With careful blending, this looks radiant, moisturizing and just great. the whole face. 

Overall, I like this foundation, it costs £15.50, which is quite expensive as the bottle isn’t that big, but, and you only need to use it sparingly. I love it and couldn’t recommend it more. 

1 comment:

  1. Ohh I will defs keep an eye out for this! Sounds lovely!

    Lorraine xx
    http://lollikelly.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete