Wednesday 13 March 2013

Skin Base.

Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation


My foundation hunt has been very long...I tend to find one I like, however then over time I find flaws in it, therefore the hunt begins again. However, a friend of mine said she had currently swopped from MAC to Illamasqua, and that the foundations there, even though a little more expensive, where such good quality and gave such a flawless look. Granted, she used the Rich Liquid Foundation, which is...SERIOUSLY HEAVY COVERAGE...but never the less she has me interested in the brand.

After researching the brand, seeing how their products were rated and reviewed I decided to get my boyfriend to take me to the nearest Illamasqua shop (which is in Leeds) and they gave me an amazing trial of their foundations, letting me try out each of them to see which one I liked best. The make-up artist (how posh) was sure that out of all of them I would love the Skin Base Foundation, which is very light, however give a fabulous coverage and as soon as she put it on I was head over heels in love with it. Due to me wearing false tan, the artist thought it would benefit me more having two shades, 7.5 which suites me at my darkest, and 6 which is the most neutral shade, which I mix in as my false tan begins to fade...how fantastic. 

I can't express how much I love this foundation!

Here's what Illamasqua have to say about their lovely Skin Base Foundation:
"Inspired by the cult Asian market Beauty Balm creams, Skin Base Foundation is a brand new, refined formula unlike anything on the UK market. Easily blendable, it effortlessly creates a perfect complexion, and like the entire Illamasqua foundation range, is undetectable in a professional HD environment. Suitable for all skin types, it smoothes, softens and conditions your skin whilst providing natural, buildable coverage."

Illamasqua Skin Base foundation is available in 18 different shades, ranging from light to dark. They also have a pure white shade that would be prefect for mixing in with other foundations to make them lighter, this would be handy for those people who choose not to tan in winter and also those people who are naturally very pale. The great thing about the shade selection is that the foundations all have a different undertone; the shades either have a pink, yellow or neutral undertone. There is literally a shade for everyone. There are so many comparison charts on the Illamasqua website coming their shades to MAC, Nars, YSL and Bobbi Brown, which makes finding the perfect shade so easy!

The foundation applies to the skin very nicely. It goes on smoothly and generally just feels lovely, the foundation melts into the skin straight away. To apply the foundation to the skin I use my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, which really applies the foundation amazingly, leaving my skin looking truly airbrushed. It’s important to note you really only need a small amount of this foundation, I keep having to remind myself I only need a tiny amount, which is something I’m not used to with other foundation’s. The Illamasqua Skin Base foundation has a build-able coverage so you can either apply a light layer or build it up so you've got a full coverage. The good thing with this foundation is that you can also use it as a concealer too! When using this foundation I feel that I don't need to use a concealer as the foundation does a good enough job at hiding things, it really does cover a multitude of sins! 

The foundation lasts all day without going patchy or sliding off the skin. I'd say that it lasts between 10-12 hours which is great if you're out all day as you know your foundation is going to last. The foundation just seems to sink into the skin and it honestly stays put. I have a rather oily t-zone and alongside the Illamasqua matt primer, my foundation stays put all day, it doesn’t ‘disappear’ like many other foundations and it keeps my skin looking incredible all day long. The foundation has quite a thick consistency but feels very light on the skin. It almost feels as if you're not wearing any foundation at all. 

I love the Illamasqua packaging, and I have to say that I think and will always think that Illamasqua have the nicest packaging out of all cosmetic brands. The packaging is sleek, sexy and sophisticated. With regards to the foundation, I love the odd shaped bottle and I also like how it comes with a screw top as this is very practical. It prevents spillages and other such catastrophes. The only negative thing I have to say about the packaging is that it's hard to squeeze out the product once you're running low. So when you're a little weakling, it's frustrating when you know there's product left but are unable to squeeze it out. On the plus side, the bottle has a thin nozzle meaning you don't use heaps of product.

The Illamasqua Skin Base foundation retails at £25.00 and can be purchased from the following places: Illamasqua Stores, ASOS and Debenhams. The foundation bottle contains 30ml of product, which is a standard amount as most foundations contain 30ml.

Have you tried Illamasqua's Skin Base Foundation? Do you like it? If you haven't tried it, are you thinking about doing so?

No comments:

Post a Comment