Friday 22 March 2013

Matte Perfection.

Illamasqua - 
Matt Primer


I recently purchased the Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation, however due to running out of my current primer I thought I would test another popular Illamasqua product, their Matt Primer…and let me just say, it blew me away!
I have combination oily skin, with some sensitive areas, and make up easily wears off my face or goes all patchy and weird. However with this it really makes such a difference and helps my make up last a ridiculously long time, even at the end of the day, my make up still looks really fresh and newly applied.
Unlike most other primers, the Illamasqua primer isn't Silicone based, so it's not going to get inside your pores and clog them up with the bad stuff. With acne prone skin, I've noticed my skin improve a lot when I'm wearing make-up thanks to this great primer. The consistency of this is beautiful, it’s rather like a milky lotion rather then a primer, therefore it goes on really lightly and you only need a very small amount to do the whole face.
It goes on easily and blends out clear, unlike some white primers, which sometimes leave a slight ghostly tint to the skin. Using a brush made this primer go on even better and bled beautifully into the skin, it didn’t feel like I had anything on just really mattifies my skin to perfection. Another highlight is that I didn’t have to wait for it to set or dry before I applied my foundation, which is something you have to do with most primers in order to get them to work perfectly.
I’ve used this every time I use my Illamasqua foundation, and my make up applies perfectly, and even though it does matte the skin, it doesn’t make it feel tight or dry. I can’t promise that this primer is going to be a miracle for everyone, but I’ve found my new favourite primer.

No comments:

Post a Comment