Sunday 15 March 2015

Idealist.

Estee Lauder –
Idealist Pore Minimising Skin Refinisher
“Dramatically refinish skin's appearance and texture. See more clarity, smoothness and luminosity as it helps your skin get rid of dry, dulling, flaky surface skin cells. See more highly refined, virtually poreless skin. Enjoy our most dramatic skin resurfacing benefits faster, more efficiently than ever before. Refines the look of uneven skin texture, flakiness and roughness. Pores appear 1/3 smaller - instantly. See more clarity, smoothness and luminosity. More highly refined, virtually poreless skin. Smooth on Idealist and instantly enjoy that soft, seamless, silky feeling you love. Includes 3 times more Glucosamine than original Idealist. Pore Diminishing Technology significantly shrinks the look of enlarged pores. Gentle-acting Chestnut Extract helps your skin get rid of dry, dulling, flaky skin surface-cells. It's as if you're seeing the skin you were born with, all over again: Virtually poreless and unbelievably soft and smooth. Skin looks incredibly clear and even-toned.”
-       Estee Lauder

Now, you may know I have 3 major issues with my combination skin:
1.    Sensitive skin
2. Prone to breakouts
3. Open pores
With these big problems to address, I am less bothered about issues like ageing or wrinkles because the above-mentioned issues are nagging enough! I do occasionally try new things, but feel too scared because of my sensitive acne-prone skin can react to changes – and not nicely! Imagine spending a fortune on a high-end brand to realize it backfired. After all, brands here are not as forthcoming with testers.
So, I picked Estee Lauder’s Pore Minimizing Skin Refinisher.

The product comes in a dark green coloured plastic bottle – which has a gold detailing, gold cap (with EL insignia) and a gold pump. The pump ensures hygiene to the product being dispensed. Also, breakdown of sensitive ingredients is lowered since they do jot come into contact with air.   Being plastic, product is travel friendly and the detailing ensures a luxe feel to the product.
My main idea for choosing this product was for it to work on the gaping pores on my cheeks. The Estee Lauder SA did clearly update me that the product will not make the pore disappear, but reduce them to 1/3rd of their original size and the effect will be visible in 14-15 days.


It has a texture like a serum - so somewhere in between a gel and a cream - and you only need a small amount to get the full effects. At first I was using 2 pumps but I quickly learned that just one is enough to cover your whole face. It dries almost instantly on the skin and makes skin feel baby smooth and shine-free, making it a perfect pre-foundation primer. I found it had the same effect as using an exfoliating glove but without the hassle and harshness on the skin.  I love the way it makes my skin feel, and in regards to my pores, so far so good. They have not disappeared, however they are much smaller, and therefore much less noticeable under my make up, giving me much more of a ‘flawless’ finish. My skin hasn’t reacted to it, however neither did it react with another Estee Lauder serum, therefore I’m-thinking I’m onto a brand winner (where serums are concerned anyway!). 
Now, with skincare I’m always a bit weary about doing reviews because what works for me may not work for you, as all out skins are completely different. However, if you have large pores that are really beginning to get on your nerves, I would definitely give this a try.

Overall, this is possible the best product I have used for pores, it actually works and makes my skin look and feel incredibly soft and smooth. It is rather price, at £43 for only 30ml its quite an investment, however I would definitely buy it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment