Wednesday 26 November 2014

Speed & Tonic.

Ciaté London –
Speed Coat & Nail Tonic

Whilst having a good nosy round TKMaxx the other day I came across these two little products. At the minute I really love Ciate products, and therefore I was really excited to try their treatments rather then just the polishes. Now, after my Dior Gel Top Coat becoming unusable due to it become pretty much glue…making application horrific (never going to be buying this again) I was really in need of a new top coat, therefore the finding of this was pretty darn good timing, and in regards to the hydrator, I keep going on and off gel polish, therefore after a few weeks of gel polish my nails where in serious need for some TLC and this sounded perfect.

Ciaté Speed Coat - Fast Dry Top Coat Nail Treatment


The website states; “Speed Coat is an award winning Formaldehyde free top coat which guarantees touch dry nails in sixty seconds, locks in colour and can extend colour wear. Taking the nail industry by storm, this formula has won many industry awards since it's 2008 launch. Including U Magazine's Best Top Coat award. A high gloss finish and chip free for up to 10 days, this gorgeous product delivers a perfect performance.”
Now, the first thing I notices about this is how thin it is, or maybe that’s just because I previously used such a thick gel like topcoat product. I was really worried that due to it being so thin it shouldn’t apply as nice as some other topcoats I have used, however this wasn’t the case. It applied beautifully, no dragging, shrinking or webbing (when the product connects between your nails and the brush leaving almost a web of thin product all over you nails and fingers) and the shine on it is incredible. Lasting time is a really hard on, mainly because I have a tendency for peeling my nail polish off anyway after a few days (I know…very naughty), but I did wear it for 5 days and there was only minor tip wear and one or two small chips. However, it is important to know I’m a trainee teacher an therefore as much as I know I shouldn’t, my nails are used as my most valuable tool. Therefore if you take good care of your nails and don’t give them some serious abuse like mine, they would not doubt be perfect for 5 days maybe a week. Another thing I have noticed is that unlike thicker polishes, it hasn’t began to get thick, which is a godsend. I’m not 100% sure it won’t begin to thicken at some point, but so far so good!

Ciaté Nail Tonic - Hydrator for Brittle Nails Nail Treatment


The website explains; “Nail Tonic Hydrator is our heaven sent therapy for hard, dry and brittle nails prone to snapping, cracking and peeling. Our unique formula contains Rose Muscat Oil and Quartz extract known for their conditioning and hydrating properties providing natural moisture and durability whilst promoting strength and flexibility to the natural nail. Suitable for all nail types but especially effective with dry, damaged and brittle nails.”
Now, after wearing gel polish by nails can be in some seriously terrible condition. No doubt the question your asking is…if its so bad for your nails why wear it…well that’s a very good question and the answer is as a teacher you hardly have time to shower, let alone re-paint your nails every 3/4 days. Therefore gel polish is just more practical, it last for 2/3 weeks and you don’t have to worry or fuss around with it. However, like I have said your nails are super brittle and damaged afterwards. Therefore between gel polish I like to go back to good old-fashioned polish and apply a good hydrator or strengthening treatment underneath to help them recuperate. I have been using this as a 5-day treatment where I apply a coat every day and I have been really impressed at how well my nails are looking in such a short space of time. Another plus note is that it’s a great base coat and keeps your polish hung on strong, and it also leave a pretty pink flush to your nails. Therefore, when you wear it on its own it gives you that beautiful my nails but better look which is always brilliant.

Overall, these are both incredible products and I’m super happy I bought them. They retail for £11 each, which I think is a really good price, however I did pick them up in TKMaxx for £4 each…which is just AMAZING and truly a steal! I seriously recommend giving you local TKMaxx a good once over if your in need of a new topcoat and treatment just in case!

No comments:

Post a Comment