Saturday 22 November 2014

Rose Gold.

Benefit - 
Rockateur Box o’ Powder

For some reason, Benefit is a brand I rarely have any interest in. However, as autumn started approaching everyone seemed to start talking about how amazing the Benefit Rockateur blush was for autumn/winter due it its rose gold shimmer. Therefore whilst at my local Debenhams I thought I would give it a swatch and I fell in love!

Rockateur is described as a “rose gold.” Rose gold is a fairly apt way to describe it; it’s a mix of pink, beige, and brown with slight warm undertones and a satiny shimmer. It is darker than rose gold to me; and of course, the low shimmer makes it less shiny and metallic. There is a very sparkly overlay that can be brushed away after one use (or, if you prefer, brushed away before using).

The texture is softer than any Box o’ Powder I’ve tried, and frankly, the texture feels quite different than the other shades, too. It is super soft and velvety, and it almost feels like an incredibly finely-milled baked product. The colour payoff was true-to-pan and  build-able, so it could be applied at full intensity or applied with a lighter hand for something softer.  It has a very subtle satin finish that becomes more and more glow inducing as it gets blended and buffed into the skin.
All of the Benefit boxed powders come with their own brush. Usually the bristles on the brush are squared off, but the bristles on the Rockateur brush have been tapered off at an angle to help create a more sculpted look. The bristles are a little bit scratchy so I personally prefer to use my normal blusher brush for application. 
The downside is that for £23.50 you only get 5g of product, when their standard box powders contain 8g, which I think is really strange! I have no idea why they have put almost half the product of their normal box powders and still charged the same price. 

Overall, this is a very beautiful shade for autumn/winter. It gives a beautiful glow as well as just the right amount of colour, which can be built up for different occasions.  However, as much as I love this powder I don’t think I would repurchase it, it’s a lot of money for a very small amount of product. Never the less, I have had Benefit blushes before and they last a super long time, therefore I don’t think I will need to repurchase it again anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment