Saturday 2 August 2014

Clear Difference Part 2.

Estee Lauder -
Clear Difference Advanced Blemish Serum & Targeted Blemish Treatment


When I bought their Clear Difference BB Crème they gave me a sample of their connected serum. I could tell just from using it a few weeks a slight difference in the amount of blemishes I was getting whilst using it, and they also seemed to heal a lot quicker. Therefore the next time I went passed an Estee Lauder counter I made sure to get a bottle. The box highlights it aims to target, treat and reduces the look of blemishes effectively, yet gently with the proven power of salicylic acid, plus potent anti-irritants and skin purifying ingredients. Helps prevent the severity and frequency of future breakouts with continued use.’ I can’t explain how much I love this serum, it leaves the skin feeling fresh and glowing, and helps keep my skin clear. It is a bit on the pricey side, however I believe if something works, then it’s worth spending that little bit more on. I currently use it every night before my moisturiser and after I have cleansed, I was going to try it at night too during the times when I have quite a few spots, however I worry about it overly drying out my skin, so for now I think I’m just going to use it in the morning.

Whilst buying this, the consultant talked me into buying the Targeted Blemish Treatment. I had currently run out of the spot treatment I was using and therefore thought I would give it a go. Now. The product aims to ‘target and penetrate fast to rapidly reduce the size of blemishes while minimizing redness and irritation.’ This is something I can really say if it’s good or bad because I’m somewhat in the middle. I don’t really know if it does work spectacularly fast but it gets the job done, maybe just as fast as other blemish treatments on the market. However, the main downside to this treatment product, and the reason I no doubt wont buy it again is because it costs £25, however you only get 4ml of product which is tiny. 
If you compare this with a number of other similar products;
Origins Super Spot Remover, which is £15 for 10ml
Cliniques Anti-Blemish Solutions Clearing Gel, which is £14 for 15ml
Soap and Glory Dr Spot, which is £8 for 15ml
Mario Badescu Drying Lotion, which is £14.50 for 29ml
As you can see, to me charging £25 for only 4ml is shocking. Another problem I have is with the very cool looking, but annoying applicator. You have to click the cartage to release just the right amount of product, then you role it onto the spot. However, product dries underneath the roller, and that’s product both wasted and lost.

Overall, I love everything about the Clear Difference Serum, its amazing and works so well. However for me the Targeted Blemish Treatment is a bit of a let down and ridiculously expensive, I don’t think ill be repurchasing it when it runs out.
Does anyone know any great Blemish Treatments that work really well?

No comments:

Post a Comment