Friday 18 July 2014

Flawless French Manicure.

Elegant Touch –
Flawless French Manicure Kit

As you are all familiar last year I used to constantly have acrylic nails, which unfortunately left me with paper for nail beds. Nothing has ever damaged a part of me so much than a guy from Vietnam armed with an electric nail file. Since then my nails have been brittle and weak, not helped by my need for constant colour and endless treatments.
My natural nails now are in good condition and I don’t ever really miss my acrylics, however the one thing I often do miss is the flawless French manicure…especially during summer. As anyone who has tried to do their own knows it’s nowhere as easy and the Internet makes it look, the whole guides, white nail polish and fiddling around just isn’t my cup of tea. However, during my unusual wonder round Superdrug (I’m a boots girl at heart), I can across this cool little kit. The kit takes the French manicure to a new level by having individual false nail tips that are applied to the nail with glue, and then broken away from the housing to leave a flawless looking French tip. They're dead easy to apply and get in the perfect position, leaving you with a nail that looks like you've been down to the salon. I applied these in about ten minutes or so, so it's no longer than our usual indulgent manicure and the results last for days.
What I really like though is that they don't feel like false nails at all, just like you've had a bit of pampering. You file off the edges to make the tips blend into your nail and you can't tell the difference. They also eliminate the problem of chipping, as the white bit is literally a thin bit of plastic that can't chip. I wore these for a whole week and a bit during my current teaching placement, and anyone who works with children knows your nails take some serious hammer, they didn’t chip even slightly and didn’t loose a single one, the only reason I removed them was because I wanted a change of colour.
When you want to remove them you just use nail varnish remover and hold on for a bit longer until you can push or peel off the tip. Another thing I really love about this kit is that when the topcoat doesn’t look as shiny (as topcoats tend to do after a while), you can simply remove the topcoat with acetone free nail polish remover and it leaves a blank canvas, it doesn’t lift or move the tips at all. I also found by adding a little extra glue it helps the tips last even longer.
It gives your nail underneath a little time to rest and grow out too, meaning it could be a simple long-term solution for bad nails. The set comes with a base and topcoat to make sure the rest of the nail looks flawless and the tip stays in place, so you've got everything you need for a flawless set of talons. In addition to this I found the base and topcoat (you have to use both on top of your polish) to be really good for over glitter polish, it gives the ultimate flawless plumped gel look, and illuminates the feel of the glitter, leaving your nails flawless, shiny and smooth.

Have you gave this kit a go?

*The photo of the nails aren't actually my nails, I had to borrow the photo from google because I forgot to take one, and I have just had gel polish applied, however I thought these were incredible for summer so you all should know about them*

No comments:

Post a Comment