Sunday 3 November 2013

Mini-Boots Haul.

Recently I went to Boots to do some Christmas shopping. I tend to buy most of my presents for my friends from boots, theres always something for everyone, especially for those people your unsure about what to buy. Whilst there I bought a few other things, some were essential because I had ran out or not far off running out, others are things I've been eyeing up for a while and decided I couldn't walk past them any longer. 
I'm planning on doing individual reviews on most of these, so I won't go into too much detail.

The essentials.
L'Oreal False Lash Telescopic Waterproof Mascara.
I normally have the original version of this mascara, however as its coming up to winter I thought the waterproof version would be better suited. It is amazing for giving incredible length, a curl that lasts all day and a touch of volume, which is exactly what I want from a mascara. I have never know it to clump, smudge or flake and the brush is so easy to use. I really don't like those thick brushes that some other drug store and high end mascaras have, I find them to hard to use, and don't find they always coat every lash. This on the other hand does an amazing job of making it look like you truly are wearing false lashes. Another thing I love about this mascara is that its build able without clumping, I use on coat for really natural luscious looking lashes during the day, then sometimes add other coat or two for really show stopping incredible lashes for a night out or when I'm going somewhere nice.

Batiste Dry Shampoo.
Batiste Dry Shampoo is the best dry shampoo I have ever used. Not only is the quality really good but its also really good value at only £4 and really easy to pick up from Boots and Superdrug. I know there are some other dry shampoos which are meant to be good, but are far more expensive. Nevertheless, I believe if its not broken then why fix it. It does the job and smells amazing. Currently I'm loving the 'Blush' version, which is really florally and leaves my hair smelling amazing. However I think next time I'm going to either get the 'Oriental' (warm notes of rite, flowers and rich coconut) or 'Floral' (delicate notes of blossom, rose, orange and peach) version, which are the newest from the brand.

Too Faced Primed & Poreless Pure Oil-Free Primer. 
Not long ago I picked up the original version of this primer. I did at the time think this 'pure' version was discontinued because I couldn't find it anywhere, therefore I resorted to the original. Now. I'm not saying the original isn't amazing because it is, however this version is aimed at sensitive, combination skin, which sums my skin up exactly. The website states its clear (whereas the original has a strange pink tint to it,) oil-free, and helps to minimise and sooth rednessness whilst helping erase pores, fine lines and imperfections. Im really excited to try this because it sounds amazing. I will be writing a more in-indepth review as soon as I've gave it a good try out. Im expecting great things from this primer.

The not so essential.
Chanel Taboo Le Vernis Nail Colour.
I haven't actually ever seen a Chanel nail polish which really took my eye before. Normally I see one I like the look of, take note of the name and look for a dupe for it. The main reason for this is because I haven't always justified paying £18 for a nail polish. Lets be fair, its pretty steep even for Chanel. HOWEVER. This nail polish caught me totally of guard. Its been raved about all over the internet and I haven't ever seen a polish which could even come close to how amazing this is. I planned only to go to the counter to have a look at it, however it is truly amazing and I ended up buying it straight away. Personally I think its incredible. Its a rich, deepened red-toned purple with iridescent shimmer that reflects red, violet, pink and coppery-red. Seriously its like galaxy in a bottle!

butterLondon Petrol Nail Polish.
I have been waiting for ages for this to be released. I was actually worried it wouldn't look as good in person as I was hoping for, however it does truly look like petrol in water. Its a beautiful purple/blue duo which changes depending on the light. I've been reading a lot of reviews about this, and it sound amazing. I originally was planning on trying it as an overcoat on top of black, however some people say it looses some of its colour which I think could be the same for Taboo also if you used it for layering. Therefore I think I will try it alone and over different colours to see which gives the best result. Never the less this is something completely different from anything I have in my collection. 

If there is anything specific you would like me to review in-depth first leave me a message and I will be sure to get it written and posted as fast as I can.
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment