Wednesday 16 October 2013

Love & Toast.

I was lucky enough to receive some Love and Toast products in the post not long back, which are going to be available within the UK Debenhams in a few weeks time. As a brand I've never heard of, I was really excited to try them. For those who haven't ever heard of Love and Toast, it's a brand that focuses on using all natural ingredients. They focus on bath and body care, however are currently breaching out to natural hair care, which I think is just amazing. The one thing I really love about this brand, apart from their truly natural products, are their fabulously quirky packaging! Created by Margot Elena, the same mastermind behind Lollia (which I see the grown up sister brand), she truly knows how to create beautiful products that are so unique and incredible. 


'Love and Toast philosophy; Pretty is as Pretty Does.
At the Heart of Love and Toast is a simple philosophy: It is just as important to do good, as it is to look good. So its good to know that with every Love and Toast purchase you are doing both. A portion of every Love and Toast sale goes directly to Regional Affiliates of Girls Inc. We believe there is more then just being a pretty face. Along with Girls Inc; we encourage girls everywhere to be strong, smart and bold.'

First up is the Persimmon Plum Body Butter (56g). This is described as a ‘Mighty Mini Moisturizer’. The description on the pot states ‘Pack the power of soothing softeners straight into your purse. Natural hydrators Mango & Shea Butter shower your body with juicy vitamins & shield you against the elements. With a touch of Meadowsweet to renew & revitalize, hydration goes to new heights. Criminally Smooth in a Portable Pot.’ Personally, I don’t really like body butters. I have very sensitive skin, and sometimes I find body butters are too heavy for my skin, leaving my skin feeling sticky and coated. However, this is really lovely and incredibly light, it just glides onto the skin and sinks in straight away. The one thing I absolutely love about this is the smell! Not only does it smell amazing in the pot, it also lasts when on the skin. For some people this might not be a positive thing, because I could see it interfering with your perfume, however I think it’s a fabulous addition, especially as the scent is so beautiful. There are 4 different versions of this available, and they all sound amazing. Also to note, there is also a body lotion collection, with similar fragrances, which I think is more up my street then this body butter version. Never the less I do really like it and I think it’s definitely something people who really love body butters should look out for. Would I repurchase it…I maybe would purchase the body lotion, however not the body butter version, because I overall just prefer body lotions.
Next up is the Gin Blossom Hand crème (35g). Love. Love. Love this hand cream. I’m not really a hand cream person, however coming up to winter; this couldn’t have come at a better time. The packaging reads: ‘Happy Hydration. Natural super-softeners Shea Butter, Macadamia Nut and Olive Fruits team up with pore pleasing Avocado and Sunflower Oils to create a dream cream. Love & Toast cant live without its botanical perfume blend in the perfect lightweight and luxurious lotion’. This hand cream does everything it says on the box. It smells amazing, it soaks in incredibly well and it leaves a silky soft feeling to the hands. Like the body butter, the fragrance does last on the skin, however once again this is something I really like. I don’t see the point in buying hand creams and body products which smell amazing, for them not to last or not to transfer onto the skin. My hands have never felt so soft and hydrated. The packaging is amazing; it’s so classy and so easy to slip into my handbag to use throughout the day. This out of all the products I received I think I will definitely be purchasing, it’s the best hand cream I’ve tried. This like the body butter is available in a variety of different fragrances, which I can’t wait to try when they arrive at Debenhams.
Last but not least is the Prickly Pear Lip Balm. I still can’t get over how unique and unusual the fragrances of these products are, there just amazing. The little description on the box reads: ‘Smooth on our lovely balm and pucker up with the sweetest lips in town. Our potent pot of softening smoothers is made from all that is good: natural and organic ingredients including Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Beeswax, Organic Jojoba Oil, Vitamin E and Natural Flavor.’ Unlike the hand cream, I haven’t really been able to use this as much as I wanted to. My lips have been in really good condition recently, and I’ve been wearing a lot of glosses, therefore I haven’t been reaching for a lip balm very often. The first thing I did really like about this product however is once again the amazing packaging, its so classy and beautifully quirky. Alongside this is the scent of pear, its rather strong and maybe isn’t my favourite. Sometimes it just seems a little too sweet. I have seen other scents on the website that maybe would be a little more my taste, however it’s a really uplifting fragrance, and if you love the smell of pear then you will love this. In regards to whether it works, I haven’t really had a chance to really try it out on dry lips, however as it’s getting colder I’m sure I will be soon enough. The one thing I did notice when I do wear this is the consistency of it, its so light and isn’t really like any other lip balm I’ve ever tried…however its so had to explain why. Its almost like it disappears as soon as it hits yours lips, therefore you don’t really get a sheen from it or any gloss, just really healthy looking lips. I like how this worked under lipstick specifically for that reason, I found lipsticks went on better with this lip balm in comparison to another heavier lip balm. Not 100% I would buy this lip balm at the moment, just because I haven’t seen the effects of it just yet.
Overall, it’s a really nice, cute, quirky and unusual brand, which I don’t think we have anything like in the UK right now. I would definitely be buying the hand crème when I run out, however in not too sure about the body butter and lip balm. I think if they release gift sets, I know one or two of my friends who would really love this brand and their products, therefore I though buy them some for Christmas. In regards to price I’m not too sure. I’m guessing they will be between the £5-£15 price mark; however don’t hold me to that. I’m just going on what there currently being priced at on the Love and Toast website.



No comments:

Post a Comment