Friday 6 February 2015

Three of the Best.

At the moment mascara is something that I really cant live without. I’m up at 6 every morning and getting home from work around 6, therefore mascara is my must have for looking awake and refreshed…and like I have actually made an effort. Therefore, I thought I would do my 3 favourite mascaras. I have split them up into 3 different categories; the best budget mascara, the best curling mascara and the best overall mascara. This is because as someone who read a lot of blogs this covers pretty much everything people look for when they’re buying new mascara. 

The best budget mascara
Now, there is no denying that I’m more of a high-end beauty lover, however sometimes I feel a little let down when I buy a high-end, expensive mascara and it lets me down. Therefore when I saw a few bloggers raving about this mascara, I had to give it a try. SEVENTEEN Falsifeye HD Mascara (boots own brand) promises more definition, more volume, more length and long lasting separated lashes. These are pretty big claims, but I have to say, for drugstore mascara this is pretty fantastic. It has a brush with two different application zones, which allows you to build volume maximum volume, and also reach every lash. It has a mix of short and long bristles to grab and extend each lash. This means you get some really good length from it too. The short ones load on the product while the long ones comb it through the lashes. You can use the tip to catch any corner lashes. I think it gives a really pretty effect and I love how black the pigment is. It adds amazing definition really quickly and the brush is pretty easy to use. This is the perfect mascara for everyday use, its quick, easy and gives great looking lashes for only £7, which is incredible! The only let down is that it doesn’t last all day, which I’m not surprised about, but a girl can dream that her lashes are going to look as good when she gets home as when she left.

The best curling mascara
This is a pretty new one, and I didn’t expect to like it as much as I do. However, the more I use it, the more I fall in love with it. Like the first one, this is fantastic for daytime mascara, but its also great more a more natural night-time look. This is the brand new benefit Roller Lash Mascara. It promises to visibly lift the lashes, give long lasting curl and make eyes look more wide open. As much as it pains me to say it (not the biggest benefit fan) it is actually incredible for creating and keeping that fantastic curl, which so many mascaras tend to loose. Now, benefit does say you don’t have to use an eyelash curler with this mascara, however I prefer to use them before due to my eyelashes being quite straight, I like to give them a little help. I will do a more in-depth review of this, however just as a sum up…this leaves the most incredible curl to my lashes that lasts all day, leaving me with flawless, fluttery and fuller lashes. It does lengthen them a little bit, but the curl and the fact it gives me the perfect fluttery lashes I’ve always wanted, means that this is the best curing mascara I have ever used.

The best overall mascara
Now, usually this would be where Dior steps in. However, I haven’t yet found a mascara by Dior that I would class as perfect, never the less, YSL have. Its one of their most popular, most well known and most awarded mascaras and it’s the YSL Volume Effet Faux Cils Mascara. It screams luxury right from the packaging to the application…its just flawless. It promises the most intense, long lasting false lash look and can I just say; it hits every box. The packaging is stunning, like everything by YSL, however the brush is pretty standard, big enough to make sure it gets every little lash, however not big enough that it ends up all over your eyes whist your trying to apply it. Nevertheless, the application is just flawless, it lengths my lashes, adds super volume, and gives them a beautiful curl. It does truly make it look like I’m wearing false lashes, its incredible how many compliments I’ve had when I’ve been wearing this mascara, its hands down got to be my favourite for overall, going out/special occasion mascara.


Whats your favourite mascara?

No comments:

Post a Comment